Sunday, July 11, 2010

Marsh Wren, Rose-breasted Grossbeak,Yellow Warbler

Not a fantastic birding day for variety on Saturday.  I visited Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge in Concord, Massachusetts.  The general area of the first battle for our US independence.  I'm sure the area has high potential, but it was pretty hot so the birds were laying low. 

Saw mostly the usual suspects, but I got some very nice shots of them.  I did see one bird that I could not identify.  I only got a fair look at it because it was in the canopy.   Very small thin looking bird.  It was actually smaller then a chickadee.  Maybe a flycatcher?  I hate when that happens. 

Hope you enjoy! 

Marsh Wren

Rose-Breasted Grosbeak (female)

Yellow Warbler

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! thank you for sharing!

Andy said...

Been about a month...Let's see some photos! ;)